If you are anything like myself, the most important question (9 times out of 10) has to do with food. I hope you are giggling as you read this, but it's seriously so true. I love to eat and I love to eat the best stuff out there while traveling. I'm gonna brag on a few of my favorite places I ate at while in Kona.
My very, very favorite was a place we ate at called The Coffee Shack. Not only was the food to die for BUT the view was just out of this universe. Geckos even run around all over the windows and it's honestly the coolest thing.
I got a massive BLT and at the end, we all split a chocolate pie sent straight from heaven. I kid you not, it's the best piece of pie I have ever had. I wish I had a picture so I could show you but we demolished it so fast. So so good.
The windows were wide open, creating an atmosphere of complete freedom while you were eating lunch.
The Coffee Shack in Captain Cook, HI friends. It's a must. Please don't forget about the chocolate pie too.
My second favorite place was a small little mom & pop shop called Hayashi's. People line up 30 minutes before it opens just to make sure they are able to get some sushi from this place. It was so fresh and so wonderful. They close shop as soon as they are sold out for the day so you have to definitely go as soon as they open up! The shop was so small that I actually cried from the wasabi the entire time I was standing and ordering. Even the sushi making man was crying with me! Hayashi's. Put that one on the list too!
Here is a list of other places I really enjoyed as well that are a must go to when in Kona:
- Longboard Legends Pizza
- Basik Cafe (for a killer acai bowl)
- MUD PIE (a must. only in Hawaii. I recommend Longboard Legends Pizza for it but others say that Kona Inn has a killer pie too)
- Daylight Minds Coffee (not my favorite cup I had while I was there but the view is killer)
- Ken's Diner in Hilo (you have to try the macadamia nut or banana pancakes with coconut syrup)
P.S.walking around the Kona Marketplace is also so much fun and there is so much fresh fruit!
Also here is a list of my top adventuring spots. Please get down to Hawaii soon. Just do it.
- Beach spot: Kau Bay. Both times I went I swam with turtles! The water is crystal clear and the beach was so nice.
- Cliff jumping at The End of The Earth
- Hilo: Panther Falls & Rainbow Falls. Kaumana Caves. The drive out there is unreal enough.
- Waipio Valley. Take the hike down and go to the beach.
- Downtown Kona. Go to the market and get an acai bowl. Pier jump too!
- Mauna Kea. I didn't get the chance to go but the view of the stars and sunset is out of this world. People absolutely were crazy over this.
Kona was so kind to me. Everything I did was unreal and absolutely filled with beauty. I met so many wonderful and kind people. This trip was one for the books. Mahalo Hawaii. I'll be seeing you again soon.